|Better Trained |
A well-socialized dog is less likely to develop behavior problems. In fact, dogs and puppies that get plenty of exercise by playing are less likely to bark excessively,
destroy property, jump on passers-by and more. Indeed, a well-exercised dog becomes a happy, healthy, quiet dog and a better neighbor.
The dog park will provide opportunities for neighbors to socialize and share valuable, responsible pet ownership information because of the common bond shared by dog owners. We also believe that our dog park will bring people together and create a greater sense of community. The Park is located across from Ocean Pines Tennis Center, the softball field and Manklin Meadows Playground.
Dress your Pooch
OP Dog Park Pride
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
1. You enter this park at your own risk.
2. You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior and you
alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
3. All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the
double-gated entrance to the park.
4. Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you
at all times.
5. No children under 4 years of age are allowed inside the dog park. Children
under 10 years of age must be with a supervising adult.
6. Dogs must be properly inoculated; licensed, wearing a collar with ID
and rabies tags, and free of viral infections.
Maryland law requires dogs to be vaccinated against rabies
7. No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park.
8. No female dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months old are allowed in the
9. No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play areas.
10.Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING
THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
11.You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the Manklin
Meadows Recreational Area, both along the walkway leading to the fenced
dog park and inside off-leash area.
12.Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
13.Do not eat, smoke or run inside the dog park.
14.Do not give treats to anyone else’s dog.
15.Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
16.If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive, please take it out of the off-leash area IMMEDIATELY.
17. Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to
18. In case of a dog bite, call the police at 410.641.7747; in the event of an
emergency call 911.
For more information on the rules and regulations see the Ocean Pines Dog Park Users Guide
Check out the New Dog Park photos...send us your best shots!