It will soon look a lot like Christmas in Ocean Pines. The community’s annual ‘Light Up the Pines’ house decorating contest is back for a bright seasonal show of lights.
The contest, which is sponsored by Choptank Electric, is free to enter and open to any resident within the community limits of Ocean Pines who registers by emailing their name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 410-641-7717 ext. 3006 by the deadline, Friday, Dec. 7 at 5 p.m.
Lights and decorations should be visible when Ocean Pines Marketing and Public Relations Director Denise Sawyer swings by to photograph the homes on Friday, Dec. 7 from 6 – 8 p.m. This year, contestants will be able to submit a photo for the contest if they choose to do so. The Marketing and PR Department will verify that the photo is an accurate capture of the contestant’s home.
Entries will be judged by residents and non-residents on social media. Voters would have to like/follow the Ocean Pines Association’s Facebook page, look for the “Light up the Pines 2018” photo album, find your favorite home displays in the photo album and give your thumbs-up. The three photos with the most ‘Facebook Likes’ by midnight of Dec. 21 will be named the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Ocean Pines Association will also organize the entries below for those looking to enjoy a festive drive through the community. The map will be made available on Saturday, Dec. 8 at 9 a.m. on www.oceanpines.org.
Voting is to take place from Monday, Dec. 10 to Friday, Dec. 21 on Facebook. Those new to the contest as well as previous contestants are encouraged to enter.
Winning entries will be published in the winter edition of the Ocean Pines Report, the community’s quarterly newsletter, and in the Christmas edition of the weekly email newsletter.
All contest winners are invited to redeem their winnings at the Administration Building, located at 239 Ocean Parkway, from Monday, Dec. 31- Friday, Jan. 11 during normal business hours.
The winners will be given a gift bag filled with goodies, including a gift certificate for a Choptank Electric Cooperative bill credit.
Choptank Electric, a Touchstone Energy Cooperative, is a not-for-profit, member-owned, electric distribution co-op located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore serving over 53,000 members.
For more information, contact Denise Sawyer, director of marketing and public relations for the Ocean Pines Association, at (410) 641-7717 ext. 3006 or email@example.com.
The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Each entry will give the Association consent to advertise its home decorating on Facebook in respect to the “Light Up the Pines” annual decorating contest. This contest will be administered through the official Ocean Pines Association’s Facebook page.
- Kenny and Brenda Pilarski, 114 Pineforest Drive
- Carla Unkle, 104 Pinehurst Road
- Anthony Spirito, 96 Pinehurst Rd
- Tracey Hofman, 6 Brookton Lane
- Donna Laque, 13 Burr Hill Drive
- Heather Caffrey and Jaime Wood, 37 Boston Dr
- Liana Caudill, 32 Liberty Street
- Keith and Susan Kaiser, 28 Moonshell Dr
- Sam Caudill, 63 Newport Drive
- Bob and Kim Anderson, 306 Yacht Club Drive
- Alison and Joe Schweiger, 8 Brookton Lane
- Dianne Dunton, 3 Abbyshire Road
- Jennifer and Andrew Wilhelm, 702 Ocean Parkway
- Josh & Kelli Blackway, 727 Ocean Parkway
- Christina Kozlo, 122 Camelot Circle
- The Shahady’s (Greg and Jessica), 165 Nottingham Lane
- Ron Horn, 14 Chestnut Way
- Chris and Kelly Wright, 47 Fairway Lane
- Jennifer Arthur, 60 Martinique Circle