Help support our community by serving on an Advisory Committee. These volunteer-led committees provide guidance and input for many areas in Ocean Pines.
To learn more about the missions of the committees, please see our Advisory Committees page.
Recreation and Parks Department
- Easter celebration
- July 4th celebration
- Halloween festival
- Breakfast with Santa
- Christmas tree lighting
- Camp Ocean Pines
- Concerts in the Park
- And many more!
Volunteer coaches, referees, umpires and assistants are also needed for various sports programs, clinics and classes. Students needing service learning hours are also encouraged to participate. If you are interested in assisting, please contact the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ocean Pines Farmers Market
Volunteers are essential to every aspect of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market. With the market open every Saturday from 8am to 1pm, volunteers are needed before, during and after market. The voluntary group provides support with tasks that include greeting and helping customers, assisting vendors and the before set up and after closing down of the market. Whether you sign up for a one-time opportunity or choose to take on a regular volunteer role, the market guarantees you will enjoy being a part of making good things happen! If you are interested in volunteering at the Ocean Pines Farmers Market but aren’t sure if it’s for you, please stop by the information booth and speak with Tracey Hofman, the Volunteer Coordinator, or one of the volunteers working at the information booth to find out more. Or you may inquire by email at TraceyHofman@aol.com.
CURRENT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES
- Information Booth Volunteer – Answer questions, provide various services, and promote Ocean Pines Farmers Market programs and events.
- Market Ambassador Volunteer – Majority of time spent moving around the market answering general questions, helping to promote Ocean Pines Farmers Market programs and events, and engaging with shoppers to enhance market experience.
- Operations Volunteer – Assist with the set up and closing of market. Provide assistance to vendors with set up and clean-up. Help in the preparation and execution of Special Events and Fundraising Event programs in support of market’s mission.
Don’t see a volunteering opportunity that works for you? Ask us about other ways you can help as a Friend of the Ocean Pines Farmers Market!
Salisbury University/ Ocean Pines Partnership
Volunteer opportunities that are available through the Center for Extended and Lifelong Learning at Salisbury University.
1. Remote Volunteering Opportunity- Update a list of Environmental Non-Profits in the Delmarva Peninsula. SU’s Environmental Studies department has a list of different area non-profits dedicated to the environment on the Eastern Shore. We are looking for someone to ensure that the information provided is up-to-date and accurate and to determine if there are missing nonprofits. The completed list will be shared with the Environmental Studies department and serve as a resource to lifelong learners who connect with Salisbury University.
2. Remote Volunteering Opportunity- Research programs that serve “trailing spouses” or “ride-along spouses.” The Center is exploring the possibility of offering employment resources to the spouses of individuals who move to the Eastern Shore to work. We are looking for a volunteer to research what other companies and universities offer for their employees.
3. Campus Volunteering Opportunity- Create an Ambassador program. Working with CELL staff, determine the viability of a lifelong learning volunteer program which promotes Salisbury University events. The idea behind the Ambassador program is to create a welcoming environment for people who want to attend lifelong learning events of all kinds.
Those who are interested and want to learn more can contact:
Mary Angela Baker
Director, Center for Extended and Lifelong Learning
The PLUS Volunteer Services Program at Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury provides assistance in over 50 areas including clerical, clinical and support as well as special events. For more information about participating, call 410-543-7248.