Current Job Opportunities
The General Manager leads the administrative operation of the Association and is responsible for providing the overall supervision of staff in supporting the Ocean Pines community. This full-time, on-site position reports to the Association’s Board of Directors and is also responsible for overseeing maintenance of common areas, property assets and all the association’s amenities. The General Manager interacts with homeowners, vendors, the Board of Directors and advisory committee members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with board members who provide leadership to the community;
- Communicate regularly and strategically with board members to provide information and gain consensus;
- Implement Board policy, strategic directions, and directives within the scope of the employment agreement or as otherwise specified in the By-Laws of the Association;
- Direct and supervises all on-site personnel, and oversees contractors providing service to the community;
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the association’s annual budget;
- Direct the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies;
- Establish and administer effective financial controls for the management of association’s revenues and resources;
- Advise the Board of Directors of the financial conditions and future needs of the Association and, subject to the limits and guidelines established by the Board;
- Advise the Board of Directors of significant operational problems or deviations from the Reserve Study, Reserve Fund or Capital Improvement Plan;
- Responsible for the enforcement of the established policies and the conveyance of homeowners’ grievances;
- Enforce all rules and regulations of the Association and investigate all complaints in relation to the administration and operations of the Association;
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; assign departments to resolve citizen complaints and concerns in a timely manner;
- Plan, direct and manage the association’s work plan; meet with management staff to identify and resolve problems;
- Assign projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; review and evaluate program goals and objectives;
- Prepares schedules and establishes priorities for routine work and special projects;
- Establishes relationship with elected and appointed officials of the county and state in order to represent Ocean Pines to various and necessary governmental agencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, economics, or related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable;
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in community association management or municipality similar in size and scope. Minimum of three (3) years experience as Assistant Manager or General Manager for community or municipality similar in size;
- CMCA and/or other related industry designations required. PCAM preferred;
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision, recreation management, project development or real estate related fields helpful;
- Knowledge of accepted management practices and procedures, building and grounds maintenance requirements, personnel development and administration, and budget and finance;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products suite;
- General knowledge of association management software;
- Ability to motivate employees to accomplish established goals within the related areas of responsibility, and to establish work standards to evaluate personnel performance;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Job Duties:
The primary purpose of this position is to formulate and implement rules, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to financial control and management of Association financial operations. This position will manage, supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in calculating and posting financial data for use in maintaining Association accounting records. The position performs complex accounting and financial work involving auditing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting of financial information. Specific duties include developing and evaluating operating procedures; maintaining proper internal controls for the Association’s accounting functions; reconciliation of all bank and investment accounts; manage and coordinate activities of workers engaged in preparation and distribution of Association payrolls and related activities; prepare and file various periodic government reports such as sales and admissions tax returns; administer membership payment plans; maintaining the CPI permits account sub-ledger including the approval of refunds; manage all banking activities including but not limited to deposits, money transfers, and signature cards; assisting the Director of Finance with the monthly closing process and managing the year-end audit; and other financial reporting and analysis as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Director of Finance
• Five years of accounting/finance experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to quickly adapt to new software
• Strong interpersonal skills required in dealing effectively with personnel, management and external professionals
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Ability to be self-directed
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under deadlines
• Ability to multitask
This is a full-time, exempt position. To be considered an applicant, you must apply via email and submit both a cover letter and a resume. All documents that you wish to provide must be attached to your application in your email. Three professional references will be requested and required before the final stages of the search. A background check and drug screen will be performed. Candidates will be notified prior to references being contacted.
Email cover letters and resumes to the attention of Steve Phillips at email@example.com.
The Ocean Pines Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on its year-round force. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, possess a high school diploma or GED, and have vision correctable to 20/20. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral turpitude or domestic violence. A post-offer physical exam and drug test shall be required.
Starting salary is $41,000 for non-certified applicants but shall be adjusted for applicants who are currently certified as police officers in the State of Maryland. There is an excellent fringe benefit package, including night differential pay, health insurance, 401K retirement plan, plus personal and sick leave.
The application deadline for this position is May 15, 2019. To obtain an application or additional information concerning this position, contact the Ocean Pines Police Department at 410-641-7747 or request an application from their website at www.oceanpines.org. Applications may also be picked up in person at the Ocean Pines Police Department located 239 Ocean Parkway in Ocean Pines, Maryland 21811.
Part-Time Swim Instructors
Part time swim instructors are needed for individual and group lessons. Mornings, evenings, and/or Saturdays. Water Safety Instructor preferred, but will consider experienced instructors. Candidates who have experience working with children will also be considered. A background check & drug screen will be performed.
Apply at the Sports Core Pool located at 11144 Cathell Rd, Ocean Pines, MD 21811. Call Michelle at 443-397-0455. Pay rate commensurate with experience.
The Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on disability, race, marital status, gender, religion, age or national/ethnic origin.
Want To Apply?
To submit an application please complete the fillable employment application by clicking on the link below. Once you have completed and signed the application electronically, download/save the document to your PC then attach the document to an email addressed to HR@oceanpines.org . Alternatively, you can print the completed application and scan and email to HR@oceanpines.org. Or simply print and mail to:
Ocean Pines Association
239 Ocean Parkway