Current Job Opportunities
Front Desk Facility Coordinator
The Ocean Pines Aquatics Department is accepting applications for the position of Front Desk Facility Coordinator. This position is part-time year-round, full-time seasonal. Must be at least 21 years of age. A pre-employment background/drug screening will be performed and must be passed.
Responsibilities include working independently and under supervision to perform customer service tasks to assist with daily operations of the aquatic facility; the ability to read, clearly speak and legibly write the English language and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills on the job; demonstrating ability to exercise good judgment to define and analyze problems, collect data, establish facts and reach valid conclusions; must perform physically related duties such as lifting objects up to including 20 pounds in weight, short distance walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending and climbing.
Apply at the Sports Core Pool, located at 11144 Cathell Road, Ocean Pines, MD 21811. Call Kathleen at 443-299-9949.
The General Manager leads the administrative operation of the Association and is responsible for providing the overall supervision of staff in supporting the Ocean Pines community. This full-time, on-site position reports to the Association’s Board of Directors and is also responsible for overseeing maintenance of common areas, property assets and all the association’s amenities. The General Manager interacts with homeowners, vendors, the Board of Directors and advisory committee members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with board members who provide leadership to the community;
- Communicate regularly and strategically with board members to provide information and gain consensus;
- Implement Board policy, strategic directions, and directives within the scope of the employment agreement or as otherwise specified in the By-Laws of the Association;
- Direct and supervises all on-site personnel, and oversees contractors providing service to the community;
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of the association’s annual budget;
- Direct the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies;
- Establish and administer effective financial controls for the management of association’s revenues and resources;
- Advise the Board of Directors of the financial conditions and future needs of the Association and, subject to the limits and guidelines established by the Board;
- Advise the Board of Directors of significant operational problems or deviations from the Reserve Study, Reserve Fund or Capital Improvement Plan;
- Responsible for the enforcement of the established policies and the conveyance of homeowners’ grievances;
- Enforce all rules and regulations of the Association and investigate all complaints in relation to the administration and operations of the Association;
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; assign departments to resolve citizen complaints and concerns in a timely manner;
- Plan, direct and manage the association’s work plan; meet with management staff to identify and resolve problems;
- Assign projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; review and evaluate program goals and objectives;
- Prepares schedules and establishes priorities for routine work and special projects;
- Establishes relationship with elected and appointed officials of the county and state in order to represent Ocean Pines to various and necessary governmental agencies.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, economics, or related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable;
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in community association management or municipality similar in size and scope. Minimum of three (3) years experience as Assistant Manager or General Manager for community or municipality similar in size;
- CMCA and/or other related industry designations required. PCAM preferred;
- Previous experience in maintenance supervision, recreation management, project development or real estate related fields helpful;
- Knowledge of accepted management practices and procedures, building and grounds maintenance requirements, personnel development and administration, and budget and finance;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products suite;
- General knowledge of association management software;
- Ability to motivate employees to accomplish established goals within the related areas of responsibility, and to establish work standards to evaluate personnel performance;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send applications/resumes to email@example.com.
The Ocean Pines Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer on its year-round force. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, be a U.S. citizen, possess a high school diploma or GED, and have vision correctable to 20/20. Applicants must also have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record and have no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving perjury, false statement, moral turpitude or domestic violence. A post-offer physical exam and drug test shall be required.
Starting salary is $41,000 for non-certified applicants but shall be adjusted for applicants who are currently certified as police officers in the State of Maryland. There is an excellent fringe benefit package, including night differential pay, health insurance, 401K retirement plan, plus personal and sick leave.
The application deadline for this position is May 15, 2019. To obtain an application or additional information concerning this position, contact the Ocean Pines Police Department at 410-641-7747 or request an application from their website at www.oceanpines.org. Applications may also be picked up in person at the Ocean Pines Police Department located 239 Ocean Parkway in Ocean Pines, Maryland 21811.
Part-Time Swim Instructors
Part time swim instructors are needed for individual and group lessons. Mornings, evenings, and/or Saturdays. Water Safety Instructor preferred, but will consider experienced instructors. Candidates who have experience working with children will also be considered. A background check & drug screen will be performed.
Apply at the Sports Core Pool located at 11144 Cathell Rd, Ocean Pines, MD 21811. Call Michelle at 443-397-0455. Pay rate commensurate with experience.
The Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on disability, race, marital status, gender, religion, age or national/ethnic origin.
Want To Apply?
To submit an application please complete the fillable employment application by clicking on the link below. Once you have completed and signed the application electronically, download/save the document to your PC then attach the document to an email addressed to HR@oceanpines.org . Alternatively, you can print the completed application and scan and email to HR@oceanpines.org. Or simply print and mail to:
Ocean Pines Association
239 Ocean Parkway