COVID-19 Announcements And Closings
● Please visit this page often for the latest information from the Ocean Pines Association regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19).
● Please note that all information is subject to change, based on state and federal government requirements.
● For the latest information on COVID-19 vaccines in Maryland, or to sign up for local vaccine clinics, visit www.marylandvax.org. In Worcester County, new clinics are scheduled each Thursday morning at 9 a.m.
● If you are having trouble signing up for the vaccine online, the Worcester County Health Department recommends asking a friend or family member for help. The health department also has established a dedicated call center to assist those who are having issues signing up online. Call 667-253-2140 during normal business hours, from Monday through Friday.
● To receive text alerts, updates and tips related to COVID-19 and other threats and hazards, text "MdReady" to 898211.
Latest news releases
April 5: Governor Hogan Announces Accelerated Vaccine Eligibility Schedule for All Marylanders
April 1: Gov. Hogan Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Registration For All Marylanders 16 And Older
Feb. 11: Highlights from virtual COVID-19 town hall
Ocean Pines Facilities
The front desk is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Payments will still be accepted via the drop box in the 24-hour lobby or by mail.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ocean Pines' indoor Sports Core Pool is open, with procedures in place to comply with state and federal safety guidelines related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Pool procedures will continue to follow the governor’s mandate to limit capacity and adhere to social distancing and sanitization measures.
Pool guests will be responsible for social distancing within the water, while Aquatics staff will define social distancing guidelines on the pool decks and check-in areas.
Those interested in purchasing swim memberships may do so at the Ocean Pines Administration Building. Forms are available in the building’s lobby or online at oceanpines.org. Payments may be submitted by mail, by email to email@example.com or by placing in the lobby drop box. Applications may also be taken to building’s front desk Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Non-resident swim memberships may be purchased as well.
The schedule at the Sports Core Pool is as follows:
- Hours of operation: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday; 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Sunday
- The Sports Core Pool opens Monday-Friday at 6 a.m. for Early Bird Lap Swim and at 8 a.m. for classes and swim members only.
- The Sports Core Pool is open for classes, lap swimming/exercise, and recreational swimming (pending availability - please call the Sports Core at 410-641-5255 to confirm availability for recreational swimming).
- The Sports Core Pool will be closed April 16 at 5 p.m. and all day April 17-18 for lifeguard training.
All guests entering the pool will be asked to provide their names and contact information (using sterilized pens) to facilitate contact tracing. Additional guests will be allowed in as guests leave in the event that pool capacity is reached.
Chairs will be provided, but loungers will not be available. Guests may bring their owns chairs or loungers if they wish.
Guests will be required to wear a mask upon entry at the pool, when using the bathrooms and when approaching others on the pool deck who are not in their immediate party.
For questions or assistance with registration for classes and activities, call Ocean Pines Aquatics from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. daily at 410-641-5255.
The pool card expiration date was extended until Oct.1, 2021 and applied to all pool cards, regardless of when they were purchased. All pool cards must have been registered by April 30 to have taken advantage of the extension. Those who already registered were automatically enrolled into the new extension date.
The Beach Club restaurant and restrooms are closed for the season, and the parking lot no longer has an attendant on duty (effective Sept. 8, 2020).
The Ocean Pines Community Center (including restrooms) is currently closed to the public. It is open for select activities, meetings and events 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturdays.
Farmers & Artisans Market
The Ocean Pines Farmers and Artisans Market in White Horse Park will remain open for the foreseeable future. It is currently open Saturdays from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Visitors are required to wear face coverings and asked to practice social distancing.
More information about the Farmers & Artisans Market is available at https://oceanpines.org/web/pages/farmers-artisans-market.
Ocean Pines Golf Club is open. Reservations for tee times can be made online at oceanpinesgolf.org or by calling 410-641-6057.
The Clubhouse Bar and Grille is open for carryout as well as for indoor and outdoor dining, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., daily.
Walking and biking by nongolfers is not allowed on the golf course.
MarinasThe Ocean Pines Marina will reopen for the season on May 1, 2021. It will be open from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. through May 27, 6 a.m.-6 p.m. May 28-Sept. 6, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 7-30, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Oct. 1-31.
For more information about boat slips, call 410-641-7052.
Parks and PlaygroundsCommunity parks and playgrounds are open.
All visitors must practice social distancing when possible, as well as practice proper hand hygiene when entering and exiting the parks and all outdoor areas.
Ocean Pines will provide a hand-washing station at the White Horse Park pavilion, as well as hand sanitizer stations at playgrounds and the skate park.
Trash cans and picnic tables have been removed.
White Horse Park restrooms are open.
The membership renewal process for the Ocean Pines Dog Park is underway and applications are available through the Recreation and Parks Department.
Passive walking trails in Ocean Pines remain open.
Portable hand-washing stations are available at White Horse Park and the South Gate Walking Trail near the Veterans Memorial.
For more information or questions, call 410-641-7052.
Ocean Pines Public Works is closed to the public. The Public Works Yard will reopen to Ocean Pines residents in May 2021. Specific dates may be viewed at https://www.oceanpines.org/web/pages/public-works.
Those needing assistance may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-641-7425.
The Racquet Center is staffed from 7-11 a.m. and 3-6 p.m., daily. Non-members are asked to please honor drop-in fees and place payments in the fee box when staff members are not present.
A portable hand-washing station is available.
Information about procedures and restrictions for playing can be found by clicking here.
For more information or questions, call 410-641-5255.
Recreation and Parks
The Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department is currently offering limited programming. For questions or to register, call the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. daily at 410-641-7052.
The Ocean Pines Yacht Club is open for dining Thursday-Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. The restaurant is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Reservations are not being accepted at this time; guests are served on a first-come, first-served basis.
Carryout orders are available by calling 410-641-7501 or online at http://toasttab.com/ocean-pines-yacht-club.
The full menu is available at https://www.opyachtclub.com/restaurant-menu.
Mediacom, on April 30, announced the company extension through June 30, 2020 of a series of previously announced initiatives directed at helping American families address work, education and health care challenges created by the Coronavirus pandemic.
Specific initiatives include:
• Offering the Mediacom Connect2Compete low-cost Internet program free for 60 days to new qualifying families.
• Extending the pricing of Mediacom’s Access Internet 60 service to new customers at $19.99 per month for 12 months (currently retails for $29.99 per month).
• Pausing monthly data allowances across all Mediacom Internet service tiers.
• Providing complimentary access to all Mediacom Xtream Wi-Fi Hotspots.
Along with these initiatives, Mediacom joined a number of other Internet service providers in recommitting to the Keep Americans Connected Pledge issued by Federal Communications Chairman Ajit Pai. As part of this pledge, Mediacom will not disconnect internet or phone services or assess late fees to any customer who calls and informs the company that they cannot pay their bills through June 30 due to a COVID-19-related issue.
To help protect trash collectors during the COVID-19 pandemic, Republic Services is asking Ocean Pines residents to take extra care to not place any materials outside of Republic collection containers.
Garbage and recycling crews are working diligently to continue to serve Ocean Pines residents with curbside collection services. Republic Services asks customers to do the following:
• Fill municipal waste containers with waste materials (trash) only
• Fill recycling containers with recyclable materials only
• Avoid placing loose bags of waste or recyclables of any kind on the ground
• Suspend yard waste collection (during the COVID-19 pandemic only)
• Suspend bulk waste collection (during the COVID-19 pandemic only)
For questions or further information, contact Republic Services at 215-783-9329.
Choptank Electric Cooperative
Compliance with the Governor’s orders and CDC guidance in response to the COVID-19 crisis will make it impossible to achieve a quorum at the Cooperative’s Annual Member Meeting. As such, the meeting will be adjourned from April 30, 2020, until August 13, 2020.
Call the Member Service Center at 1-877-892-0001 or visit www.choptankelectric.coop for more information.
To help reduce traffic at community mailboxes, Ocean Pines is recommending residents use a free, online tool available through the U.S. Postal Service. “Informed Delivery” allows users to digitally preview mail and manage packages scheduled to arrive soon.
According to the Postal Service, the platform “allows you to view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces and track packages in one convenient location.”
For more information, visit https://informeddelivery.usps.com.
The Worcester County Health Department has released the following guidelines for testing for COVID-19:
Testing is available based on screening. If you or your child has developed symptoms that could indicate COVID-19 (fever, shortness of breath, cough), contact your primary care doctor first and foremost so they can screen you and determine if you should be tested. If you do not have a primary care doctor, you can reach out by phone to urgent care clinics or our (WCHD) call center (410-632-1100 option 8) available Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm and this Saturday 9 am to 3 pm.
Whether or not someone has tested positive for COVID-19 everyone should be practicing basic precautions. If you are sick with mild symptoms contact your doctor, you may be advised to recover at home if your symptoms don’t worsen. If you are experiencing a medical emergency call 9-1-1. But whenever possible, call ahead to limit the potential exposure to first responders, doctors, and health care workers.
The following resources are currently being provided by local, state and federal agencies to assist the public and local businesses during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis:
- To register online for the COVID-19 vaccine through the state of Maryland’s COVID-19 vaccine scheduling website, visit https://www.marylandvax.org. It is recommended that anyone who is not comfortable filling out web forms seek the help of a friend or family member to complete the registration process. There is no alternate registration options for the hospital clinics; all registrations must be scheduled through this web site.
- The Worcester County Health Department created a website dedicated to local Coronavirus news and information: https://www.worcesterhealth.org/protect-menu/1726-worcester-county,-md-coronavirus-covid-19-information-2020.
- Worcester County Recreation and Parks offers daily news and resources, exercises for your family to do from home, crafts for kids, new activities, and fun ways to explore the outdoors at https://www.facebook.com/worcorecandparks
- The State of Maryland also has a hotline, available by dialing 2-1-1.
- Regular updates from Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan regarding the "Maryland Strong: Roadmap to Recovery" are available at https://governor.maryland.gov/recovery/
- Press releases from Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan are available at https://governor.maryland.gov/category/press-releases/
- The Maryland Department of Aging established a senior call check program. Call 866-502-0560 or visit https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
- The Maryland Business Express is working to help small businesses effected by Coronavirus: https://businessexpress.maryland.gov/
- Worcester County Public Schools are offering bagged lunches for children in need: http://worcesterk12.org/
- Local information about closures and other updates related to Coronavirus is available through a new Town of Ocean City webpage: https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/coronavirus-information/
- For more information on Coronavirus through the Maryland Department of Health: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
- The State Health Department also supplied an interactive map of Coronavirus cases: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
- Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin (https://www.atlanticgeneral.org/patients-visitors/restricted-visitation-policy/) and TidalHealth in Salisbury (https://www.tidalhealth.org/medical-care/visiting) announced revised visitation guidelines
- For information on Coronavirus from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html