To help protect trash collectors during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, Republic Services is asking Ocean Pines residents to take extra care to not place any materials outside of Republic collection containers.
According to Dominic Fulginiti, a municipal sales manager for Republic Services, anticipated impacts of COVID-19 on trash services include increased contamination of recycled materials as excess waste finds its way into recycling containers.
Additionally, Fulginiti said yard waste and bulk collection routes are pulling key resources away from residential routes that need extra support.
“Republic Services garbage and recycling crews are working diligently to continue to serve Ocean Pines residents with curbside collection services while experiencing an increase in volume of household setouts,” Fulginiti. “To protect garbage and recycling staff during this time, we ask that you do the following:”
- Fill Municipal Solid Waste containers with waste materials (trash) only
- Fill recycling containers with recyclable materials only
- Avoid placing loose bags of waste or recyclables of any kind on the ground
- Suspend Yard Waste Collection (during the COVID–19 Pandemic only)
- Suspend Bulk Waste Collection (during the COVID–19 Pandemic only)
“We greatly appreciate you considering these extra measures to ensure the safety of our solid waste and recycling collectors and the community,” Fulginiti said.
For questions or further information, contact Republic Services at 800-762-8888.