Pup of the Pines
2019 “Pup of the Pines” Winner
Pup Jeannie has been named the 2019 “Pup of the Pines.” According to her owner, Jeannie “loves going for walks down the quiet side streets, as well as around the beautiful pond, taking in the sights. In addition, one of her favorite things is sitting on the back of the sofa, watching all the cars and people go by on the Parkway!”
As “Pup of the Pines,” Jeannie receives a free 2019 Ocean Pines Dog Park registration. She will also be the official face of the dog park and will be featured in various Ocean Pines publications.
11443 Manklin Creek Road, Ocean Pines, MD 21811
Located off of Manklin Meadows Road near the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex.
Contact the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052 for information about the Ocean Pines Dog Park.
The Ocean Pines Dog Park provides opportunities for neighbors to socialize and for pets to run and play together in a safe, fenced-in environment with separate areas for large and small dogs. The park features benches, water taps and waste disposal bags and receptacles. The park is located across from the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex, the softball field and the Manklin Meadows playground.
Applicants will be required to follow Ocean Pines Dog Park rules and sign the “Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability Waiver Form.” After registration, dog owners will receive a dog tag and a key card that will allow entry via the park’s electronic gate during the scheduled hours of operation. Passes are non-transferable are are valid from May 1–April 30 the following year.
2019-20 Ocean Pines Resident Rates
$25 for one dog of any size
$10 for one additional dog of any size
2019-20 Non-Resident Rates
$50 for one dog of any size
$15 for one additional dog of any size
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
- You enter this park at your own risk.
- You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior and you alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
- All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the double-gated entrance to the park.
- Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you at all times.
- No children under 4 years of age are allowed inside the dog park. Children under 10 years of age must be with a supervising adult.
- Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, wearing a collar with ID and rabies tags, and free of viral infections. Maryland law requires dogs to be vaccinated against rabies.
- No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park.
- No female dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months old are allowed in the park.
- No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play areas.
- Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
- You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the Manklin Meadows Recreational Area, both along the walkway leading to the fenced dog park and inside off-leash area.
- Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
- Do not eat, smoke or run inside the dog park.
- Do not give treats to anyone else’s dog.
- Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
- If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive, please take it out of the off-leash area IMMEDIATELY.
- Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to leave.
- In case of a dog bite, call the police at 410.641.7747; in the event of an emergency call 911.
Register with the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department located inside the Ocean Pines Community Center at 235 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD.
|Dog Park Registration Form||
Registration form to use the Ocean Pines Dog Park in Manklin Meadows. Registration is required for park entry.
Applications and dog tags may also be obtained from the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department front desk located at 235 Ocean Parkway.
Dog owners wishing to use the Ocean Pines Dog Park must register their dogs at the Ocean Pines Community Center and pay the applicable annual fee. Dogs must have updated vaccinations and owners must sign a liability waiver. Upon registration, a dog tag will be provided that should be secured to the animal’s collar. Tags will be year-specific and color-coded. One key card, which allows entrance via the park’s electronic gate, will be issued per registration form. Replacement cards are $5 each. The Ocean Pines Dog Park is monitored and maintained by the Ocean Pines Association.