The following is a March 18 communication from Republic Services:
Republic Services Business Continuity (overview)
• Republic Services has established plans for business continuity. Our plans include policies, procedures, and an organizational structure for responding to events that can cause a significant disruption to our operations. Our procedures are designed to protect lives and property through effective use of existing resources. Our business continuity plans are designed to continue business operations, or to resume them as soon as possible, following a natural disaster, strike, pandemic or other disruptive event.
Pandemic Response Actions
• We have activated our Corporate Pandemic Response Team, with Local Response Teams placed on alert, ready to respond.
• We are actively encouraging sick employees to stay home and we provide all of our employees with Paid Time Off (PTO).
• Our employees are equipped with all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including gloves, masks, and disinfecting products.
• We have a well-developed system to remedy any Driver shortages that might occur across our workforce and we are prepared to implement that system. We have also implemented redundancy measures at our three national Customer Resource Centers.
• We have deep cleaning disinfection plans in place for any of our operating locations that are impacted by the coronavirus.
• We have reviewed our supply chain and assess our risk of supply interruption to be low.
Waste Collection During the Pandemic
• Federal health and safety agencies have determined that household and other municipal solid waste do not currently require special handling or separation. No additional disposal containers are necessary.
• We continue to collect waste from households and businesses in accordance with our existing safety protocols and we are monitoring guidance from the CDC, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local authorities.
• At this time, we do not anticipate a general impact to operations and waste collections will continue as scheduled. If an interruption in service is expected, we will promptly notify you and provide further detail.