The Ocean Pines Dog Park provides opportunities for neighbors to socialize and for pets to run and play together in a safe, fenced-in environment with separate areas for large and small dogs. The park features benches, water taps and waste disposal bags and receptacles. The park is located across from the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex, the softball field and the Manklin Meadows playground.
Applicants will be required to follow Ocean Pines Dog Park rules and sign the “Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability Waiver Form.” After registration, dog owners will receive a dog tag and a key card that will allow entry via the park’s electronic gate during the scheduled hours of operation. Passes are non-transferable are are valid from May 1–April 30 the following year.
Pup of the Pines
Penny received the greatest number of votes in the annual contest. She was named the winner at the “Hometown Christmas” tree lighting ceremony on Nov. 26 in White Horse Park.
Votes were cast in person at the Ocean Pines Halloween/fall festival and at the Ocean Pines community center.
Paulette Parker, Penny’s owner, said she is a very affectionate dog with many neighborhood friends. “Everyone knows Penny,” Parker said.
As “Pup of the Pines,” Penny will receive a free 2023 Ocean Pines Dog Park registration. She will also be the official face of the dog park and will be featured in the Ocean Pines Activity Guide and other postings throughout the year.
Money raised from the contest entry fees will be used for upgrades and improvements to the dog park.
Located off of Manklin Meadows Road near the Manklin Meadows Racquet Sports Complex.
Contact the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department at 410-641-7052 for information about the Ocean Pines Dog Park.
Dog Park Application and Fees
2022-2023 Ocean Pines Resident Rates
$25 for one dog of any size
$10 for one additional dog of any size
2022-2023 Non-Resident Rates
$50 for one dog of any size
$15 for one additional dog of any size
Download a Dog Park Application*
*If you would like to drop off a check prior to May 2, 2022, your check will be held until Monday, May 2. The Recreation and Parks Department is closed on Sunday, May 1. Renewals will be for May 1, 2022-April 30, 2023.
Dog Park Rules and Regulations
1. Dog Park Memberships: May 1 – April 30 annually
2. Keep Gate Locked AT ALL TIMES – Key card access only
3. You enter this park at your own risk.
4. You are legally responsible for your dog’s behavior and you alone are responsible for your dog’s well-being.
5. All dogs must be leashed until they are inside the FIRST GATE of the double-gated entrance to the park.
6. Inside the fenced play area, watch your dog and have your leash with you at all times.
7. No children under 4 years of age are allowed inside the dog park. Children under 10 years of age must be with a supervising adult.
8. Dogs must be properly inoculated, licensed, wearing a collar with ID and rabies tags, and free of viral infections. Maryland law requires dogs to be vaccinated against rabies. Copies are required at purchase of membership.
9. No aggressive dogs are allowed in the park.
10. No female dogs in heat or puppies under 4 months old are allowed in the park.
11. No more than two dogs per person may enter the group play areas.
12. Remove choke or pinch collars and head halters BEFORE OPENING THE SECOND GATE of the double-gated area.
13. You MUST pick up your dog’s waste promptly everywhere in the Manklin Meadows Recreational Area, both along the walkway leading to the fenced dog park and inside off-leash area.
14. Fill in all holes that your dog digs.
15. Do not eat, smoke or run inside the dog park.
16. Do not give treats to anyone else’s dog.
17. Leave your dog’s favorite toy and all rawhide chews at home.
18. If your dog seems timid, stressed, overly aroused, or aggressive, please take it out of the off-leash area IMMEDIATELY.
19. No outside heating units, open flame units, allowed on property at any time.
20. Any dog park user may ask someone who is not abiding by the rules to leave, or contact the Ocean Pines Recreation Department or the Ocean Pines Police Department
In case of a dog bite, call the police at 410.641.7747; in the event of an emergency call 911.
Register with the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department located inside the Ocean Pines Community Center at 235 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD.
|Dog Park Registration Form||
Registration form to use the Ocean Pines Dog Park in Manklin Meadows. Registration is required for park entry.
Applications and dog tags may also be obtained from the Ocean Pines Recreation and Parks Department front desk located at 235 Ocean Parkway.
Dog owners wishing to use the Ocean Pines Dog Park must register their dogs at the Ocean Pines Community Center and pay the applicable annual fee. Dogs must have updated vaccinations and owners must sign a liability waiver. Upon registration, a dog tag will be provided that should be secured to the animal’s collar. Tags will be year-specific and color-coded. One key card, which allows entrance via the park’s electronic gate, will be issued per registration form. Replacement cards are $5 each. The Ocean Pines Dog Park is monitored and maintained by the Ocean Pines Association.