Farmers & Artisans Market
Hours & Location
8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Located at White Horse Park
239 Ocean Parkway, Ocean Pines, MD
(Next to the Ocean Pines Administration Building/Police Department)
Open All Year!
Among the restrictions still active is an April 15 executive order from Gov. Larry Hogan, on “Masks and Physical Distancing.”
That order requires the use of face coverings and physical distancing measures at all retail establishments, including farmers markets.
According to the order, “‘Face Covering’ means a covering that fully covers a person’s nose and mouth, but is not a Medical-Grade Mask. The term ‘Face Covering’ includes, without limitation, scarves and bandanas.”
To read the order, visit https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Masks-and-Physical-Distancing-4.15.20.pdf.
The Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market is open Saturdays, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at White Horse Park on 239 Ocean Parkway, in Ocean Pines.
Volunteer with "The Friends" – Would you like to get more immersed in the life of the iconic Ocean Pines Market? Then consider volunteering with the Friends of the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market! The Friends support and enhance the Market: run education programs, manage the sale of Market-branded merchandise, help organize our many popular events, support other Market special features, lead tours of the Market and much more.
The Friends are a diverse and dedicated group that adds great value to the Market and also enjoys an array of rewarding Market-related experiences! For more information, check out the volunteer opportunities on this webpage, email email@example.com or call 410-251-6383.
Marketplace Open-Air Kitchen
Join the Market Kitchen Team – Looking for a fun way to give back to the Worcester County community? Love food? Love to eat? Then consider joining our volunteer team at the Open-Air Kitchen. Meet local guest chefs, help prepare for live cooking demonstrations, gather product from market merchants and get a free seat at Market Kitchen activities. For more information, contact Culinary Educational Programs Director Janice Curtis at the market or email to www.oceanpines.org with the subject line "Market Kitchen Team."
Click here to view all Chef@Market recipes!
Market Logo Merchandise
Our line of Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market logo merchandise is available every Saturday at the Market Information Booth and weekdays at the front desk of the Ocean Pines Association Administration Building. We carefully select items that are perfect for you, the market shopper! Proceeds from merchandise sales benefit the events and educational programs of the farmers market.
Colorful Aprons – Bright and colorful, these unisex aprons are great for the kitchen, crafting or working around the home. The canvas material is stain-resistant and easy to clean. Impress your kitchen guests with your Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market apron – they'll be wanting one of their own!
Market Bumper Sticker – The old-fashioned bumper sticker makes a comeback at the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market! This weather-resistant sticker has a clear background, allowing only the market's logo to show where it is placed. Display your bumper sticker proudly and tell everyone you shop at Worcester County's favorite farmers market!
Market Music & More
Are you a musician? Do you have a magic act or do you juggle to entertain a crowd? The Market is always looking for buskers and street performers to add to the Marketplace. Do you draw characters, do face painting or transform balloons into cute puppy dogs? Then we want to hear from you, today! There are opportunities beyond the boardwalk at the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market. No fees are charged for bringing your talents to the Marketplace. Download our Busking Application at www.oceanpines.org or come to the Marketplace and see Market Manager David Bean, or contact him at 410-251-6383 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Go ahead…break a leg!!
Market Reserving Community Corner Spaces for 2020 – The Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market loves providing a platform for nonprofits and community groups to connect with its loyal market shoppers. As a weekly event that attracts 1000-2500 people weekly during the peak season, the marketplace is a valuable platform for any community group, non-profit or organization looking to expand their reach, spread news about upcoming events, and connect with the public about a mission or activities.
The Market is now accept reservations for 2020. If your group or organization is interested in reserving market days, please fill out the CoNEWmmunity Corner application.
The Community Corner spaces are offered at no charge. Guests must provide their own canopies, tables and bring everything else needed to participate at the marketEvery Saturday
- Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department: Truck Raffle Ticket Sales
- Town Cats of Ocean Pines: Pet Adoptions and Fundraising
Public Outreach Program – The Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market is seeking a volunteer to lead and oversee the market's public outreach program. The interested individual will work with local and regional non-profits, civic groups and organizations that participate at the market in the market's Community Corner.
If you are interested in helping the area's many worthy organizations reach the thousands of shoppers that visit the Ocean Pines Marketplace each week, then this is the perfect opportunity.
You should be motivated, self starting, organized and have good people skills. Apply to the market manager, David Bean, at the marketplace or email your inquiry to email@example.com with the subject line "Ocean Pines Marketplace."
New Volunteer Opportunities – The Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market is seeking a Children's Educational Program Director and Arts & Crafts Workshop Program Director. If you are interested, or know someone who would be a good candidate for an opening, please contact Market Manager David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children's Educational Program Director – We are searching for an enthusiastic, child loving, art loving, food loving team member to fill the volunteer position of Children's Program Director. The position includes working with our Market Team to develop and oversee the Kid's Market Zone, our children's educational program. Activities take place weekly at the Saturday market from April through October.
- Arts & Crafts Workshop Program Director – The market is seeking a qualified volunteer to develop and oversee our Marketplace Arts & Crafts Workshop, a new do-it-yourself program. The free market program engages participants to enjoy activities in self-sustainability, hand crafts and life style task. Workshops could include gardening, crafting and other DIY demonstrations. The position includes working with our Market Team to develop and oversee the educational program, along with developing partnerships with those that can present workshops. Activities take place weekly at the Saturday market from April through October.
Calling all Market Gurus! Do you love the Ocean Pines Market? We're on the hunt for several market gurus to volunteer on Saturdays from 7 am – 2 pm. You'll be helping shoppers find their way around, answering questions at our Market Information Booth or staffing our Vendor Services Booth and of course picking up your market shopping for the week. For more information, please email to email@example.com.
Volunteers are essential to every aspect of the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market. With the market open every Saturday from 8 am to 1 pm, volunteers are needed before, during and after market. They provide support with tasks that include greeting and helping customers, assisting vendors and the setup and closing down of the market. Whether you sign up for a one-time opportunity or choose to take on a regular volunteer role, the market guarantees you will enjoy being part of making good things happen! If you are interested in volunteering at the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market but aren't sure if it's for you, please stop by the information booth and speak with one of the volunteers working at the information booth to find out more.
- Set-Up Crew: Help set up the Market. Assist merchants with putting up canopies, tables, and signs. Early morning hours.
- Market Guide: Move throughout the Market answering questions and directing customers to their favorite merchants. Hand out dog biscuits and promotional flyers and maintain other interactions with customers.
- Greeter: Welcome customers at entrance points of the Market and perform the hourly customer count.
- Market Information Booth: Duties include answering customer questions, selling Market merchandise, and more.
- Administrative Assistance: Sign in arriving merchants. Distribute and collect information from merchants. Assist management with collection of merchant fees and complete the merchant attendance.
- Events and Happenings: Help plan and run special events and happenings at the Market.
- Communications: Take photos and video of the Market. Caption the merchants and customers along with the special happenings and events of the Marketplace. Submit article drafts for our Market publications and social media content suggestions for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Breakdown Crew: Help take down canopies, tables, chairs, and signs. Close up the Marketplace.
Click here for the Ocean Pines Farmers & Artisans Market Volunteer Registration Form.
Forms, Documents and Links
- NEW Recommended Operation Guidelines for Farmers Markets
- NEW Maryland Farmers Market Operations During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- NEW Frequently Asked Questions: Maryland Farmers Market Operations During COVID-19 State of Emergency
- Vendor Handbook
- Information for Wineries Participating in Farmers Markets
- Information about Brewery Off-Site Permits
- Maryland's Best Website
- Maryland Department of Agriculture Website
- Maryland's In-Season Vegetable
- Maryland's In-Season Fruits